Monday, July 09, 2007

What I consumed on my summer vacation

I've been negligent in my posting because I've been on vacation in Michigan. It was glorious, and I enjoyed lots of food-related pursuits during my time up north:
  • Saw Ratatouille at South Haven's Michigan Theatre. A marvelous movie with a valuable message: "Anyone can cook!
  • I made my first pie (pictured here) in a master class with the Pie Maven, aka Mom. She recounted her cherry pie recipe from memory. Impressive.
  • Brunch at the Journeyman Cafe in Fennville, topped off with housemade truffles. They're stored in a tiny fridge that you see out of the corner of your eye on the way out of the restaurant. Very well-placed. Coincidentally, the cafe was written up in the Chicago Tribune just days after we visited.
  • Bought basil and rosemary plants at the Saugatuck Greenmarket (finally), plus a moonflower--I love its twilight blooms.

2 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

Your pie looks perfect! I always have trouble with the crust/top. Way to go!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pie photo! Preserved for perpetuity! Glad we could eat it as well. Quite yummy!
riri

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home