Monday, June 25, 2007

Deliciousness in D.C.

I haven't had much time for cooking lately because I've been a weekend jet-setter: My companion and I spent three days in Washington, DC for my college roommate's wedding. It was delightful, as expected. A couple of my favorite epicurean moments from the trip:
  • Spotting attorney-turned-uberbaker-turned Food Network Star Warren Brown at his bakery CakeLove, and scarfing down one of his chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream frosting. (Yes, that's two "butters.")
  • Sipping frosty-cold, slushy, swirled margaritas (1/2 lime, 1/2 strawberry) at Lauriol Plaza (very) shortly after noon on Friday, as well as noshing on masitas de puerco--Cuban pork roasted with bitter oranges.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so jealous...not only eating at warren brown's bakery, but seeing him too!

1:57 PM  
Blogger MUDNYC said...

OMG Renny, I used the exact same word to describe the wedding in my blog...it truly was delightful!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home