Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wednesday Food News, a day late

  • Craving the junk foods you ate when you were a kid. From the New York Times. (I loved this story, though I rarely ate junk food as a kid. I grew up in an uber-health-conscious household. That's why, every time we visited my grandparents, I'd barely kissed them hello before I'd be down in the basement, emptying my grandpa's can of Planter's cheeseballs. To this day I still get nostalgic about the powdery orange residue on my fingertips.)
  • Making your own sauces. From the Seattle Times.
  • Editor's note: All you Domers out there, be sure to wish Fr. Ted a Happy 90th Birthday.

3 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

Fr. Ted looks GREAT for 90, btw. We went to a mass said by him last weekend and he barely looked 70.

Did you see the AP article with the recipe on making your own bagels this week?

11:49 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Wow, I can't believe he is 90. He was president when I was at ND. I was the first class to graduate under Monk.

Thanks for your interest in a coffee pincushion. I'd be glad to make you one. You can even choose your custom colors. I have one almost finished that is the red stripe (with red trim instead of brown around the saucer and for the handle). I could have that one done asap. But if you have other color preferences, let me know. I have lots of felt to choose from!

The designer who created these sells hers for $32, so I'm thinking maybe $20 (including shipping). Is that fair?

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You managed to overcome a lot with those kind of parents. Must have been miserable.

Love,

A member of Father Ted's class of 1970

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home