Thursday, April 05, 2007

I'm not so sure this is a good idea...

...but this Peep latte could have indeed been mine. The espresso cart in the building where I work featured these toasted-marshmallow-flavored drinks all week. Alas, by the time I had the chance to run down there today, the woman who runs it was packing up to go home. I can only imagine the sugar buzz and writerly inspiration that would have ensued.

Speaking of work, the nicest thing happened to me today. I was picking up some tomato basil soup at Cafe Brioso downtown, and was standing at the cash register with my steaming bowl o'soup and Diet Coke when I realized I had left my wallet on my desk at the Big Company three blocks away. "I'll be right back," I said to the cashier. "I just need to get my wallet." Two seconds later, a five dollar bill was waving in front of my face, and a complete stranger said, "I'll pay for your lunch." Despite my protests, she insisted. I was so grateful not to have to run back to the office in the 30 degree weather, especially since I was in a hurry. Guess it's time for me to pay it forward now. A big "grazie" to the woman at Cafe Brioso who helped a stranger today. It meant a lot.

Random Easter tip to get you ready for the weekend, if you celebrate Easter: Some instructions for folding your cloth napkins in the shape of bunny rabbits. (Hat tip: Not Martha)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Renee, you are so helping me out with my Easter dinner. I'm going to try that bunny napkin fold! Thanks!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee!

Tried the bunnies out in Dayton, and they were a HUGE hit! I was just happy they were recognizable :)

Thanks for the tip!

Em

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home