Sunday, March 18, 2007

St. Patrick's Day Recap

Being married to an Irish lad has its benefits, especially when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Saturday. My companion spent the day cooking, and fruits of his labors were delicious: corned beef, of course, cooked for three hours and served with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onions, and, my favorite, Irish Colcannon and Thyme Leaf soup from this month's Cooking Light. I chipped in by whipping up this Irish soda bread--the recipe, written by Melissa Clark, was in last week's New York Times. I purchased her book The Skinny earlier this year and have made nearly all of her "brown-bag-it" recipes for my weekday lunches. She really knows how to write recipes--I haven't had a bad one yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you were making my lunches!!!
riri

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home