Friday, March 09, 2007

Salty or Sweet? Try both.

I've been cooking my way through the March issue of Cooking Light at lightning speed. In part this is because the current issue includes lots of quick weeknight dinner recipes. (And in part because brand-new cooking magazines in my mailbox always make me sprint to the kitchen.) My favorite feature this month is a story on salt, with a couple of great recipes of the sweet-yet-salty variety. I baked the sweet and salty peanut chocolate chunk cookies--with fleur de sel being the key ingredient, and my companion made the peanut butter banana cupcakes (called King Cupcakes in the magazine, as they're inspired by Elvis's fondness for peanut butter and banana sandwiches). I highly recommend both these recipes, especially if you like that sweet-salty flavor combination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home