Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend Eats

I'm grateful for a weekend that was filled with good eats--some made by moi and some made by mes amis. I recommend all the recipes I'm about to mention: Ham and cheese scones paired with sweet corn and smoked salmon chowder (made with Alaskan smoked salmon I picked up while working on this story in Anchorage this summer). Tortilla soup with cornbread from Fresh Market and pineapple coconut cheesecake squares for dessert. (Made by our friends Em and Brian for a Sunday dinner.) We kicked off the night with pomegranate champagne cocktails made with Pama, which I bought at Whole Foods. (Went there on a Saturday--never again!) It was a festive occasion, as we were celebrating the guys' birthdays. It's hard to beat good friends and good food--it just makes me feel like for a few hours at least, all is right with the world.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds incredible. My friends are less adventurous and we're more likely to grab something out or throw something on the grill. You've rekindled my desire to start a Sunday night gourmet supper club ...

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home