Thursday, September 07, 2006

Some interesting and news-y tidbits

Every once in a while I'm reminded why I like food writing so much. I love to discover people who are concocting delicious things and then to tell the world about them! Upon publication, the restaurateur/chef/artisan is (usually) very happy and the readers are excited about their new food find. Everybody wins! I received a very nice e-mail from a gelato artisan whom I wrote about in Southwest Airlines Spirit last month:

I just wanted to let you know that the response we have been getting from your piece has been huge! We are receiving calls from all over the country asking about our gelato. Additionally, people that we know and have lost touch with have contacted us because they read the article while on vacation. So you have had a double effect. Thank you!I truly appreciate your featuring us!

Me again: Awww, how nice. I love hearing from people I've written about.

Other things to check out today:
  • My friend, colleague and talented singer-songwriter Bill McGarvey is featured on the cover of this week's National Catholic Reporter. Read the story, listen to his music, and then go buy his CDs!
  • I wrote about Dutch Gold's single-source varietal honeys for Belly du Jour. Who wouldn't want the sugar buzz that comes from this liquid gold?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee,

What wonderful feedback! Good job!!!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home