Thursday, September 14, 2006

Food Finds

I've been doing more writing than cooking lately, and thus don't have much to report on in the way of culinary adventures. I spent some time earlier this week testing and editing hot chocolate and soup recipes for a Michigan magazine. It's hard to get into winter food mode while I'm still mowing the lawn in the heat!

Here are a few things I've come across in my travels and writing assignments lately that I think you, dear readers, might like:
  • A contemporary (and inexpensive) salt cellar from Tivoli Home.
  • Guyaux Chocolate Truffles. These rich little chocolate bombes are dusted with bittersweet cocoa. Ask your favorite food and wine shop to order them--they're wonderful, and you can't beat the price! I bought mine for $12.00 at Upson Wine & Coffee in Kalamazoo. (Hat tip: Mom and Pops)
  • All the wine shops now are carrying the new bottled Bellini Wine Cocktail from Canella. A great way to have ready-made bellinis in a flash!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The truffles are yummmmmmmmmm!

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home