Friday, April 28, 2006

What doesn't taste good with peanut sauce?

I'm kickin' it solo for dinner this evening, since my companion will be attending a dinner function for work. (Ha! Lucky him!) I've already selected a recipe for dinner: peanut noodles with chicken, courtesy of Robin Davis, my food editor at The Columbus Dispatch. Is there anything that doesn't taste delicious doused in peanut sauce? I have yet to find anything that doesn't. Here's Robin's quick-and-easy peanut sauce recipe:

6 garlic cloves
6 T. creamy peanut butter
6 T. low-sodium soy sauce
3 T. sugar
Hot sauce or hot chili oil, to taste
1/2 t. lemon juice, rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar

1)Mince the garlic in a food processor. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, sugar, hot sauce and lemon juice. Puree.
2)Toss with hot pasta, chicken, etc.

I suggest topping your pasta with some chopped peanuts and scallions too! Mmm...peanutty goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home