Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Procrastination at the Library

I really prefer coffee shop-writing to library-writing, which surprises some people. When I write at Stauf's I'm focused and productive and caffeinated, whereas the library just provides too many distractions (and no java, which focuses my attention like a laser for whatever reason) with all of its magazines and journals and new books and downloadable books and fun bookmarks on display. One of my favorite distractions is Chicago magazine, whose "dish" section always provides some fun one-liners. Here are some from the latest issue:
  • When the lights perceptibly start to dim during dinner, just let it go. Yes, everyone notices, but that's no reason to talk about it.
  • From most to least tattoed: busboy, chef, waiter, sommelier, maitre d'.
  • Never trust a restaurant that rotates.

The same issue included the article "Why Everyone Loves Naperville," where my friend Jenny and her family are moving in a couple of months. Great job picking a fabulous city, Jen!

2 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

I like the one about the lights...but at least if you are on a really bad date and the lights dim, you can have something to talk about for 5 seconds.

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Naperville! :)

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home