Friday, April 07, 2006

White Bean and Asparagus Salad

I made this white bean and asparagus salad last night, courtesy of Gourmet's "Ten-Minute Mains." It only took me about twenty minutes, and it was wonderful. The asparagus tasted so fresh and spring-y (even though they were trucked in from Peru or some other distant locale) and the lemon vinaigrette gave an edge to the creamy white beans. I followed the directions pretty closely, except I heated the beans and asparagus at medium-high heat, covered, which cooked the asparagus until they were crisp-tender.

In other news, I have My Life in France--Julia Child's new memoir--in hand! I was the first to request it at the library, and now I've got to hurry up and finish reading it since it's only a 14-day loan. I can't wait to start it, but I've got a book of my own to worry about right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home