Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Not so cheffy

I've been doing lots of cooking and baking lately, but I have no photos and no reviews to share with you, dear readers, because I've had a streak of bad luck lately in the kitchen: creamy artichoke dip that tasted a bit too sour, chiles rellenos casserole took way too long to make, chocolate cupcakes that weren't nearly chocolately enough.

It's good to be reminded sometimes that things don't always go well in the kitchen, either because of operator error or mediocre recipes. I was reminded of that recently reading Not Martha's review of The Amateur Gourmet Cookbook, which I just reserved at the UA Library!

But I soldier on... more soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real problem is that most of your stuff is so TERRIFIC that anything less is unacceptable :)

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must have been the recipes...couldn't have been the chef!
riri

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home