Thursday, March 01, 2007

Going beyond Three-Buck Chuck

While listening to Good Food on my morning run I heard about Quaffability, a guide to Trader Joe's wines. I could have used this last Saturday when I made the mistake of shopping at the Sawmill Rd. TJ's a few days after the new fearless flyer came out. Never again. I couldn't even get through the aisles, and they were out of everything. Chicken broth. Sliced mango. Coconut ice cream. Whole wheat pasta. [Yet another reminder of why I hate Sawmill, and only go there under duress or when compelled by a tiramisu gelato craving.] I'll make a weeknight return visit so I can shop for wine in peace, Quaffability's wine picks in hand.

3 Comments:

Blogger Charise said...

I would definitely say head there on a weekday night. I usually stop by the Sawmill TJs after work on a Tuesday or Wednesday and don't find it too crowded or out of stock.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is very cool! You are so creative! Wish we had a Sawmill or a Trader Joe's in Kazoo! Ah but then what would we do when we go to Detroit or Columbus.
Riri

9:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry about your TJ experience! Flyer weekends get so out of hand sometimes....if your ever @ sawmill, ask for Joseph, I'll make it up to you, k? I'm usually there from sun-thu.

-Joseph

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home