Monday, February 19, 2007

Mardi Gras is tomorrow!

Mardi Gras is almost upon us, so don't forget to pick up a king cake tomorrow to celebrate! If you live here in Columbus they're available at Piece of Cake in the Short North, the Tremont Goodie Shop in UA, and The Suisse Shop on Polaris Parkway.

For more about the king cake tradition, read my story from last year's Dispatch. Laissez les bons temps roulez!

At this very moment, my companion is cooking up all kinds of spicy jambalaya and gumbo for tomorrow, and there are some fabulous smells coming out of the kitchen. Can't wait for a taste!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Renee-
My cooking club did a Mardi Gras theme this month so I attempted a "heart-healthy" king cake. I'm not that great at cooking with yeast but it was fun to try! The end result tasted a little too biscuit-y...
Lauren

10:51 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Walker, I'm absolutely sure that Piece of Cake's were better! And Lauren, I'm sure your heart-healthy version was much more wholesome than ours. :-)

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photo! Great color!
Riri

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home