Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Gingerbread are Coming!

I've been a bad blogger lately, but I have some good excuses! I have joined a new writing group, cranked out stories like it's my job, and made an army of gingerbread! This recipe has been in the LaReau family for probably 25 years (Is that right, elders?) and used to be such an integral part of our neighborhood gift-giving that one of my childhood friends once wrote in a school assignment that one of their family Christmas traditions was receiving gingerbread from the LaReaus!

They're a lot of work, but they're fun. I baked them over the weekend and iced them for two hours until 12:30am last night. I have some sort of pastry-bag-induced-cramp in my right hand today, but I'm hoping it will go a way in time for my next round of cookie-baking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I love that you do gingerbread boys and girls. So do we! But we don't get creative decorating them: all the same. Hope you had a merry Christmas, Renee.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home