Friday, December 01, 2006

Hot Off the Press...

Some fun stories I've written lately:
  • Columbus Monthly readers, check out my article in the December issue about local candlemaker-turned-YouTube star Paul Robinett. If you're looking for great holiday party host/hostess gifts, I highly recommend showing up with one of his holiday-esque creations in hand in lieu of a bottle of wine. My seasonal faves are evergreen, cinnamon, spiced cranberry and mango--the latter to mentally evoke scenes of tropical warmth and sun! (I'll save the grapefuit-scented one for the health-conscious month of January.)
  • Just in time for holiday baking season, you can order blanched (that means shelled and peeled) hazelnuts from Oregon, then make them into a nifty bar snack. Read all about it here. (Anyone who has hunted all over town for blanched hazelnuts, then unsuccessfully tried to shell their own knows what a find this is. This article stemmed from my frustration last year with finding the right variety for my hazelnut toffee.)

Our Chicago flight got canceled today due to inclement weather--what a bummer! Fortunately there are plenty of great things to do in Columbus this weekend, like the Short North Holiday Hop. See you there!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the flight to Chicago -- mine to NYC was cancelled, too! I love those candy canes in the post below, even though I don't like the taste of candy canes!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Renee -

Your blog was featured in the North Market newsletter this month along with three of us other hardworking gals...just wanted to let you know! Maybe it will make up for missing your trip to Chi-town. Well, just a little bit...

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home