Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Hop Recap

This was my first year attending the Short North Holiday Hop, and I'm happy to report that we had a fabulous time! The streets were packed with people and fabulous eats. (I completely fell off the pre-holiday-healthy-eating bandwagon as soon as we walked into Mac's, but I don't regret it one bit. That was the best burger I've eaten in a long time!) We stopped by the outside of Rosendales, the forthcoming eponymous restaurant of Richard Rosendale, the 2005 American Culinary Federation's top chef, and captain of the 2008 American Culinary Olympic team. We're lucky to have him in Columbus.
Rosendales was offering hot roasted chestnuts, and Rosendale himself was out there carving holiday ice sculptures. In addition to being extremely accomplished at a young age (31) he's quite personable and friendly. I interviewed him recently for an article and it was one of the easier "chef interviews" I've done. If only everyone was that cooperative. (You know, answering my e-mails and voicemails and such--common courtesies that are all too rare with interviewees, especially chefs!) More Holiday Hop photos tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home