Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving Recap

Now that I've digested my turkey and stabilized my tryptophan levels, I can share a bit about my Thanksgiving weekend in Michigan. We had near record attendance at the LaReau Turkey Trot this year, with over 35 runners and walkers and nearly 40 for the outdoor breakfast afterwards. As many of you know, this 15-year tradition was featured in a national magazine last year--perhaps the publicity pumped up this year's attendance. (More likely it was the beautiful weather that was responsible for this fabulous crowd.) We had the usual post-run fare of cranberry muffins, pumpkin bread, hot cider, hot spiced apples, and my dad's drumstick-shaped Rice Krispie Treats. It was so great to see everyone I grew up with--I think this is my favorite holiday tradition of all time.

Back in Columbus, I took a walk around our neighborhood tonight and was surprised at the number of people who have put up their Christmas trees already. Not me--I like a little transition time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

In other news--writing news, that is--my article on hot chocolate (with two great recipes!) was recently published in Lake magazine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see your dad wore the turkey hat!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home