Thursday, October 05, 2006

Let Them Eat...Ice Cream!

I'm so excited! Jeni's Ice Creams has launched a new line of flavors inspired by the upcoming film Marie Antoinette (starring Kirsten Dunst). Jeni, the wonder woman glacier that she is, has crafted six flavors reminiscent of the decadent desserts eaten at the court of Versailles. Some of the more intriguing flavors include cream of violet, orange flower with preserved fruits and chocolate, and toasted brioche with butter and jam. The brioche flavor features buttercream with brioche crumbs and handmade seedless raspberry jam. Be still, my heart! I wanted to visit the Grandview shop tonight to sample some fall flavors like pumpkin five-spice or apple cider sorbet, but when I asked my companion if he wanted to go he mumbled something ridiculous like "I've already had dessert." Huh?

Other fun news: My friends from Sugardaddy's were featured in the October issue of InStyle! Their exquisite signature 8 gift pack (a tower of brownies) was included in an article on monogrammed gifts. Felicitation, Mark and Tom!

3 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

Ice cream junkie! I had violet flavored candies in Spain, and they didn't taste nice...but who knows in ice cream. Have you ever had lavendar ice cream?

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to try the brioche one on my upcoming trip to columbus

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The orange flower with preserved fruits and chocolate sounds divine. Will have to try some this weekend!!!!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home