Monday, October 02, 2006

Back to Blogging!

I was in L.A. all of last week, and so I'm woefully behind in my blogging! But I've got lots of food and writing news to report as soon as I get caught up on my work. First of all, the October issue of Columbus Monthly just hit newsstands, and it features my story "Of Mice and OSU," an in-depth look at the July power outage that killed nearly 700 laboratory animals that were being used for medical research on everything from multiple sclerosis to Alzheimer's to cancer. The outage and the animals' deaths caused a real mess at OSU: Ohio State medical researchers lost years of work, animal rights activists had a fit, and the university's less-than-stellar track record with animal care was tarnished even more. It was a fascinating story to research, and I got to tap into my academic background in biology, which I don't do too often these days. C-bus residents, check it out next time you're standing in the grocery store checkout line!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some great reporting! We always hear about the end products but not the methods used to achieve them!!!! Thanks for the info!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home