Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sweet Jammy Heaven






Our strawberry picking venture yesterday was a smashing success. We beat the late-morning hordes at the strawberry fields by day, and transformed 30 pounds of strawberries into jam by night. My companion and I arrived home from Brian and Rebecca's last night at 11 p.m., proudly (if wearily) carrying our freshly-made jars of strawberry jam. It was great to craft the sweet concoction with veterans, and with three out of the four jam-makers being engineers, we worked out a system that was pretty darn efficient. The whole evening is now a berry-colored blur of hulling, mashing, heating, stirring, ladling, tasting, sampling and jar-ing...what a marvelous way to kick off summer!

My companion also opted to make two scrumptious strawberry pies. Let me tell you...I certainly have married the right guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home