Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday Food News

A couple of interesting tidbits from today's food sections:
  • The Chicago Tribune asked celebrity chefs to sound off on useless kitchen gadgets in this article. Their comments are witty, and, truth be told, some of them have gimmicky widgets of their own! (Confirmed: Charlie Trotter owns an egg slicer.) I'm proud to say we have very few of these items chez nous. I did purchase a creme brulee torch this past summer, and though I've only used it once, I'm glad I have it. Nothing else caramelizes sugar like my tiny butane rocket. My husband did bring an apple corer to the marriage, but since he's made homemade applesauce and apple pie within the past two weeks, I'm hardly going to squawk about that.
  • The Dispatch has a nice tip for the best day to shop, given that supermarkets are packed on weekends. Evidently, "Thursday mornings are when most grocery stores are well-stocked, clean and have fewer customers." Hmm-I think getting out of bed would be much easier knowing that I was going to go to Trader Joe's before taking a seat at my desk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home