Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Spooky Snacks


Unfortunately my attempt to create the chocolate covered strawberry jack o' lanterns I had seen at Godiva was very, very unsuccessful. I didn't even take a picture. They looked pretty scary, and not in a good way. When I tried to melt the white chocolate it turned into a big solid mass before I could dip the strawberries in it. Too bad! Next year I'll know to just buy the darn things.

I was very successful, however, in creating some Halloween tortilla chips and guacamole bean dip, thanks to my trusty Halloween cookie cutters. It was delicious, and even healthy, since I used vegetarian refried beans, fresh avocados and whole wheat tortillas. To make the homemade tortilla chips I simply cut out the shapes, sprayed them with cooking spray and sprinkled them with kosher salt, then baked them in a 350 degree oven for five minutes.

In other Halloween news, if you saved your pumpkin seeds post-carving, try one of these "Toasted Pumpkin Seeds: Three Ways" recipes at 101 cookbooks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home