Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pumpkins Everywhere

Well, it's Wednesday, which means I start the day scanning the food sections in all of my favorite newspapers. With Halloween on the horizon the pages were quite festive, and pumpkin recipes were everywhere! Many of them were predictable--lots of recipes for sweet things like breads and muffins and pies--and I had made a batch of pumpkin muffins on Monday night, relying on a great recipe from the November 2005 Cooking Light (for which I was able to use my companion's homemade applesauce) so I didn't pay too much attention.

It was the savory recipes, especially the recipes for pumpkin soup, that intrigued me. Robin Davis featured one in The Dispatch which seemed quite easy, but I'm skittish about the cup of whipped cream it requires. (How many vinyasa yoga classes would it take to negate that? More than I have time for.) The Seattle Times features a curried pumpkin-peanut soup recipe that sounds healthier, plus they have some fun Halloween cocktail recipes.

2 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

Well, you won't eat the whole batch of soup yourself, right? INDULGE, baby!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've made a pumpkin chili before that was low fat and pretty tasty, a good way to get in your vegetables too!

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home