Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Erratum and Other Food for the Mind


Many of you know I collect and document the grammatical errors and mispellings I encounter in my travels about town--writerly sensibilities know not the bounds of the 9-to-5 working world, and thus my inner copy editor never takes a vacation, even when the outer copy editor is, well, taking a vacation. I captured this latest misdemeanor on our recent sojourn to Greece. Yes, yes, I know that this is mostly a case of "lost in translation," but it still was too good to pass up.

In other writing-related news, I wrote the cover story for the July 28 issue of The National Catholic Reporter, hot off the press today! Read it here.

My companion and I recently checked out Wordplay, the entertaining documentary about New York Times crossword puzzle editor Will Shortz and the puzzle's many devotees. (Bill Clinton, Jon Stewart and the Indigo Girls are featured prominently.) We both loved it, and consequently find ourselves spending far too much time on the NYT crosswords in the evenings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home