Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Summer Reading for Foodies

I've been doing more reading than cooking these days, but that doesn't mean I haven't been keeping my eye on all things food-related. I'm finding Bill Buford's Heat to be a revealing (and sooo gritty) look at life behind the kitchen window at Mario Batali's Babbo. The New York Times Magazine featured an interview with Humble Pie author Anne Dimock. Dimock's book was published in November, but it's high pie season now and thus a perfect time to catch up with this delightful author.

In non-culinary news, I came across a really nice (and fairly recent) review of my first book here. And, thanks to an enticing review in the Times, I picked up Literacy and Longing in L.A., a fun read that's quick, smart, and chock full of fun references from the classics.

1 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

Hey that's a pretty nice review!

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home