Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Weekend Planned around Food

I had to go to Dayton yesterday to be filmed/offer sound bites and eloquent musings for an educational video, so I didn't have time to post about our weekend, which happened to include lots of good eats! On Friday we got to try some lightly fried fish, courtesy of our friend Anthony, who breaded the fish with--get this--hand-ground corn meal. It was unbelievably crunchy and delicious--I had to have seconds! There's nothing nicer than eating a meal cooked by someone who has obviously put together each dish with great care, as Anthony did.

On Saturday I led a "Columbus culinary tour" for my friends Mary and Peggy. Of course I took them to the North Market, Whole Foods and Katzinger's Deli, and we also stopped at Sur la Table. Saturday night was the best food adventure of all, but I can't write a thing about it right now because we were doing research for a story I'm working on for a major magazine. Someday I will...

Of interest: Read about Wine for Tightwads at Slate.

2 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

Will I get the Columbus Culinary tour some day too?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

No, Mud, you will get the Columbus Veggie Lovers' Culinary Tour! I customize all my tours to meet my friends' needs and pique their interests!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home