Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tuesday’s post, a day late

Thanksgiving Recap: I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Over the weekend we got to see both of our families in Michigan and Indiana, which was fabulous. On Saturday we took a break from eating leftover turkey and pumpkin pie to take in a performance of “A Christmas Carol” at Kalamazoo’s New Vic Theatre (for which we had to order tickets more than a year in advance). We also did some shopping at the Notre Dame bookstore (Thank God their football season is over.) and celebrated my companion’s recent award over dinner with my in-laws.

I won’t be spending much time in the kitchen this week, since I’m not quite ready to plunge headlong into Advent and Christmas plans. I like to have a little transition time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Holiday cooking and baking can wait until December 1st. (Though I have been stocking up on December food magazines: Bon Appetit, Cooking Light, Everyday with Rachael Ray, Food and Wine and Gourmet are already on hand.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home