Monday, February 20, 2006

Oh, and you get antioxidants too...

I'm not someone who's into a lot of frou-frou cocktails. Give me a cold, bottled Labatt's, or a nice glass of Oregon Pinot Noir, and I'm plenty content. Every once in a while, though, I do like to try something new, and there's nothing like a series of dark, cold February days to drive me right into the liquor cabinet.

On one night in particular, we were hosting our friends Em and Brian, and I decided I wanted to make something special. When I saw these Pomegranate Cosmopolitans in the February issue of Bon Appetit, I knew they were just the thing.

As expected, they were delicious, fruity, and festive. The only thing I'd change about the recipe below is to increase the amount of vodka (only slightly) while skimping on the orange-flavored liqueur a bit. But if you like your drinks more fruity and sweet, go by the book. Cheers!

POMEGRANATE COSMOPOLITANS
(Makes 4)
2/3 cup Pom or other pomegranate juice
1/2 cup vodka
1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur (We used triple-sec.)
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
ice cubes
4 lime wedges

Place first 4 ingredients in cocktail shaker. Add ice; shake to chill. Pour into martini glasses; garnish with lime wedges.

Note to my legion of readers: I've changed the comment section, so now you do NOT have to be a Blogger user to complain, laud or opine. (Thanks, Em!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks from all your lazy readers!!!

8:24 AM  
Blogger MUDNYC said...

Now I'm not feeling so special any more -- since you've given the privilege of commenting to the plebes, too!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home