Thursday, February 02, 2006

Podcasts for Foodies

One of my favorite NPR shows is The Splendid Table, but I'm rarely near a radio on Saturday afternoons, when ST is broadcast in Columbus. What to do? Why, listen to the weekly Splendid Table podcasts, of course! Ironically, I usually listen to these 15-20 minute podcasts while I'm running. Needless to say, after 45 minutes of listening to talk about brining turkeys, baking bread, and shopping for Indian spices, I'm starving by the time I get home and can't wait to make dinner!

The free podcast only includes the second half of the show, which is when readers call in with their questions. To listen to the interviews with food and wine experts and restaurateurs, you have to pay for the podcasts through Audible.com. Perhaps more sophisticated foodies would complain, but I'm just as happy to listen to the questions of the "regular folks," who usually have the same food-related questions I do, and host Lynne Rosetto Kasper's knowledge and tips are just so remarkable.

1 Comments:

Blogger MUDNYC said...

Renny, I made fun food on Saturday! Roasted sweet garlic risotto, and I toasted some almonds & bread crumbs to top it off. Thanks to the Naked Chef!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home