Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wednesday is "Food Day!"

My apologies to my legions of fans for the light blogging as of late...my new book project has been cutting into my Internet time.

One thing I do always make time for, no matter how much other work I have to do, is my Wednesday food reading! Wednesday morning means perusing the newly-published food sections of The Columbus Dispatch (to look for my articles, of course, and to count the number of fun rhetorical flourishes surgically removed by the stolid, adjective-hating copy editors), The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, and The Seattle Times, who all publish their new food news on the same day. I've learned so much about writing restaurant reviews from Nancy Leson, my favorite restaurant reviewer at The Seattle Times.

Yesterday The Dispatch ran a review of Rick Bayless's new cookbook, Mexican Everyday. I can't wait to get my hands on it, but of course the library waiting list is now a mile long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home