Friday, January 13, 2006

Every Day I write the book...


January is a traditionally slow month for food-related news, since the media are temporarily tied up with coverage of low-fat, low-carb, no-trans, using-up-those-ugly-winter-root-vegetables-in-hearty-stew diets. I have no interest in any of the forementioned, so my food-related coverage on this blog for the next couple of weeks may be somewhat sparse.

So, for now, onto some writing news:
I'm taking my cues from Elvis Costello for the near future: Everyday, everyday, everyday I write the book...

My new book manuscript is due in May, so the next few months will be somewhat of a crunch time in that regard. I'm not too worried, as the winter months have traditionally been very productive times for me writing-wise. Plus, it's a book of daily reflections, so I don't really have to provide transitions between sections (bane of my writerly existence) or even complete whole thoughts, since each meditation is only 300 words. (Don't know what to write next? Ehhh, just move on to the next day.)

In an unrelated, ironic twist of events today, I have a dentist appointment followed immediately by an interview at a bakery.

Painting credit: "Pie Case", by Wayne Thiebaud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home