Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Catching up on holiday food news...

In my distress over Notre Dame's bowl game loss to Ohio State (and what an awful time to live in Columbus!) I temporarily lost the spring in my step, and thus the urge to think about food. Time heals all wounds, however, and by 11pm last night I was concocting a quick batch of blueberry muffins made from some Michigan blueberries stashed in my freezer. (My companion and I designate any baking that takes place after 10 p.m. to be "Extreme Baking," and I can whip up those blueberry bad boys in 15 minutes.)

So Extreme Baking was my remedy of choice in the face of a devastating Irish loss, and I'm feelin' better already.

Some post-holiday culinary highlights as of late:
  • Some handmade sushi (spicy tuna and salmon!) crafted by our friend Pat
  • Jeni's holiday ice creams (dark cocoa gelato and white chocolate peppermint) served in martini glasses on New Year's Eve
  • Fabulous "white chili" served up in Kalamazoo, then later re-created by my companion...I need to post the recipe soon, but I need to get permission from my source first, who initially swore me to secrecy!
  • My companion's homemade phad thai...spicy, peanutty, noodly heaven! I definitely married the right guy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home