Sunday, January 13, 2008

What I've been up to

Sipping: Pomegranate soda from Fizzy Lizzy. Available at Fresh Market. Mmm, antioxidants.
Savoring: Cinnamon "beach glass" candy from Froehlich’s. Thank you, Michigan Santa.
Warming up with: Guayaki yerba mate organic tea. Thanks to my former boss, who brought me some when she came to visit from NYC.
Grateful for: Trader Joe’s sea salt caramels, discovered on a shopping trip with mom in early December.
Remembering: The Clementine clafoutis I made on Saturday, way too late at night. But it was easy and delicious. So citrusy and custardy and comforting--a perfect winter dessert. (I always have a tough time finishing off a whole crate of Clementines anyway, even though I love 'em.)
Coveting: Whiteware from Sur la Table. Beautiful, classic ... and on sale.
Vowing to make again: Cheddar corn chowder from the Barefoot Contessa. I halved the recipe and used milk instead of cream to make it lower in fat. How I loved having the leftovers to heat up at work!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santas from Michigan are cool. One even mad a cherry clafoutis in South Haven last summer.

p

9:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have made the Barefoot Contessa's Cheddar Corn Chowder twice, and froze the leftovers in quart sized containers from Wasserstrom. I made it in the summer with fresh local corn, and that was definitely superior to the batch I made a couple weeks ago with frozen corn. Either way, it is delicious with some crusty bread!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home